Gillanders Arbuthnot and Company Limited (GACL) originated as a partnership firm in the early part of the 19th Century, started by Mr. F. M. Gillanders and Mr. G. C. Arbuthnot. It
was incorporated as a Limited Company under the Indian Companies Act VII of 1913 on 1st February, 1935. It became part of well known Kothari Group of Companies in the late sixties
(for further details please visit www.kothari-group.in).
The Company primarily deals in tea, textiles and engineering business activities. It also owns the famous building 'Gillander House' in Kolkata.